WHY DO YOU NEED AN EXPERT INSURANCE BROKER TO MANAGE YOUR CLAIMS?
If you have bought insurance online or over the phone with a direct provider who advertises on TV, then you will most probably be dealing with claims on your own. This is just as risky as fronting up to court without legal representation.
You see, insurance companies profit from collecting more premium and paying less claims. It’s just the nature of the beast. But as brokers, we are here to make sure that our clients who do the right thing and insurer themselves correctly, actually get the benefit of cover when needed.
The passion that drives us to be the best at fighting claims is probably the one thing that has motivated us to keep our business going for over 30 years. We feel responsible to our loyal clients to be there when things go wrong.
If you are visiting this page to lodge a claim, please call our office on (03) 9481 2222. For urgent after hours claims assistance only, please call 0418101982. If we don’t answer, please send an SMS and we will endeavour to get back with you ASAP.
LET OUR EXPERTS MANAGE YOUR CLAIM
Fighting claims on your own is like being in court without a lawyer
Claims Management Services by Expert Insurance Brokers Melbourne
Lodging a claim
When an incident occurs its always wise to speak with an expert before you do anything, unless of course there is an emergency, or urgent repairs are required.
Here’s what you should do if you are about to make a claim:
• Call emergency services if it is in fact an emergency situation
• Call us and explain what has happened as soon as possible
• Complete the relevant claim form so we can inform the insurer on your behalf
• We’ll come up with a plan and a process (strategy) to manage your claim and work with you all the way until a final decision has been made
• We’ll deal with repairers and insurers to see through any works that need to be done
• If we feel the right decision has not been made and a dispute arises with the insurer, we have access to help higher up at Steadfast to muscle in if heavier lifting is required. This shows the power of being with one of the largest broker networks in Australia.
• Should all else fail we’ll help to put together a legal team to fight your claim all the way to the end.
We are happy to say that in 30 years we have never had a significant insurance claim denied for a policy placed by our office.
Were you aware that in some cases you can negotiate to have a cash settlement from the insurer as opposed to actually having them pay for your repairs?
Online insurance vs broker placed cover
For basic domestic policies it’s sometimes cheaper to buy insurance directly from an insurer (not through a broker). You might think it’s because a broker commission is eliminated. Well in when insurers factor in the cost to market heavily and sell insurance themselves, the cost to acquire new clients is often more expensive the paying a broker to bring in the business for them.
The actual reason the insurer can sometimes afford to place business directly with the client for a marginally cheaper premium is because the percentage of claims that get successfully fought by the clients themselves are significantly less compared to brokers who fight for their clients and are experienced at claims management. Remember, money in vs money out. If less money is getting paid in claims, the can afford to accept a little less money coming in.
So, don’t be a ‘profitable’ case for your insurer and increase your chances of having claims paid by getting an expert on your side to manage your claims for you.